Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Playground is Getting Crowded

Being from Dogpatch, I don't claim to understand a lot about current world affairs. One thing in particular that has me itchin to write about is what's agoin' on between Israel and the rest of the Middle East. Seems to me that this time around, things are afixin to be messer than usual.

Israel has always had a bee in the bonnet, being surrounded by neighbors that don't much care for them. But this time, there are other things at work that make for a much trickier situation. For instance, the USA is having a hard time in Iraq and many in the Muslim world are just itching for a reason to side with others against the USA. Iran is trying to develop nuclur weapons but is being harassed by the U.N. (and of course the USA). Iran is even pressing the rumor that the USA is readying for an invasion of Iran. More fuel to the fire.

North Korea is playing with missiles and nuclur warheads, also claimin to bein' bullied by the USA. Everyone knows the USA is right friendly with Israel and all of this adds up to a fire hotter than Dogpatch tar in the middle of August. (Course, Dogpatch ain't got no tarred roads but you'all get the picture.)

I don't know about you, but I think perhaps there's agunna be a lotta folks gettin invited to the playground to take care of the bully and his younger brother. So, what do you say? I'd be much obliged to hear your comments on this.

4 comments:

Lyle said...

You forgot to list the war with lefties and the media in the US to the list. They do more to undermine our efforts than the terrorist.

Pappy Yokum said...

Sorry about deleting your other posts - I don't think I'll try that again. I usually try to stay away from the arguments of right-wing versus left. I do find that both sides are very closeminded in their acceptance of another point of view so it seems pointless. I explain my point of view, I will, young Skywalker. But argue I will not. May the force be with you.

Lyle said...

Agree with you about too far left and too far right I do master Pappy. Time and time again moderation and somewhere in the middle is where commen sense is often found...in my book.

But I do hold true to my opinion that there are too many people in power that will do anything to keep that power, often at the expense of the little guy, the meek, and innocent. The oaths of Gadianton run deep and wide throughout the globe.

Pappy Yokum said...

You are definitely right. I do think it is important to not get caught in the trap of left versus right - one is ok and the other is wacko. Both sides have their power and each is intent on maintaining that power. It's too bad we can't get all the extremists of any type, put them all together on an isolated island and let them fight it out until just Coriantumr is left standing.